Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3.5 HOURS AND 160 RPM on the fixie!


I did this a few years ago and it was one of the last times I did!  I hooked up with a few guy here at the shop around 12 noon and headed over to do the Sunday ride.  I rolled in to see a pretty large group and some pretty strong guys waiting to leave so I left a few minutes early with a few other guys to get over the hills on the track bike before meeting up with the main group.

A few minutes later 2 guys came rolling through at what appeared to be race pace followed by the wolf pack including Kenny who had a pretty serious look on his face.  As soon as I hooked on I heard "we should real those guys in", after that I only remember two things,  lots of small splintered groups and LOTS of cadence!  I dug in pretty deep and stayed just off the back until the piss stop where we re-grouped and cranked out the rest of the ride, it was pretty much everything I had to stay attached and the down hills felt like they were ripping my legs of at the hips.

I'm trying to figure out if I burned more calories during the ride or ate more calories after the ride, break even at best.

Maybe I'll try it again next Sunday....or maybe not?

No comments: